Thank you Ana, Merche and Global Adventures for donating your Christmas Market sales to Shalom. An amazing sum of 620€ was raised. Many other people have been crafting and selling for Shalom. We appreciate your time and support! Paloma’s batik workbook covers sale was of 525$. Thanks Lena and Paloma for your beautiful paints, Anika for the crosses, Arrate for sawing and Carmen for donating the materials.
The first week’s works have been a real success. Thanks to all donors for your generous contributions!
- 4 Solar panels and lights have been installed and are giving light to Shalom every evening. Thanks Lola and Jesús!!
- Beds are being built and matress ordered thanks to Darin and family. Thanks!
- The planning for the chicken house has been made and we are waiting for estimates. Thanks Iñigo!
- The inside patio is being renovated and gutters installed thanks to many anonymous donations.
- small boys and girls bedrooms are being painted to receive the new beds.
- front porch is also being painted and decorated for Christmas
- the new water pump for the well was installed. Thanks Gema&Joaquin!
- since we didn’t have enough money for a playground, we are planning to buy some bicycles as Christmas present and teach the children to ride them.
- we also bought a bunch of school uniform shoes
We are excited to inform you all that we are in the planning process for the next mission to Shalom. Again a mixed group of ages and nationalities. We thank – Lola, Jesús and Isabel from Spain; Paloma, Carmen, Carlotta and Kristin from Germany; Sara and David from London and Iñigo, an architect from Kenya -, for sharing your time and knowledge with us.
We are raising funds for the following projects:
- Construction of a new hen house
- Renovation of the big girls room
- Rain water collection system: starting with the gutters around all the roofs
- Electric urgent renovations around the house
- a fun addition to the playground as Christmas present for the children
All projects are in need of funding except the new hen house that has received a 1,000USD donation from Sweden. Thanks Mr. Fleischer and friends!!
For more information click here
We appreciate the time and effort put in our future Guesthouse one more summer. It looks great and hopefully in use soon.
We love you friends!
The three main projects were completed!
On top of the amazing work, many other repairs were done too. We also planted corn in the new property. These are some of the results.
We thank everyone for your donations and prayers.
Your amazing contribution and generosity made many projects possible!
Thanks to your donations we are very excited to work on the following projects:
- New room for the 20 older boys
- Finish the 30 cupboards
- Build the new porch roof
Our trip is coming up soon!
Before Christmas, thanks to many generous donations, funds were raised for the best Christmas present ever: 30 wardrobes to store the childrens’ clothes! We could also buy a milking cow and do some renovations in the house:
– The boys and girls dressing rooms
– Mama´s office and Visitors room
– Old existent furniture was restored: drawers, shelves and tables are now being used in the new offices.
We have learned how to use the tools and are extremely happy about the result of this dusty work. It was definitely worth it!!
Very soon Daniel will be visiting Shalom!
We would like to thank everyone who donated to Shalom!